What is this?
I am assembling an annotated list of electroacoustic string quartets.
Annotations will eventually include brief descriptions of electronics (fixed/live processing/other, with brief description), and links to further information about the work. The first batch of information is based on an CSV file export of a WorldCat search that I made a while ago.
The spreadsheet-in-progress can be found by clicking on this link.
Rows that I was not able to confidently annotate are in orange. If you notice anything missing, incorrect, or in need of further clarification, please Contact me (and see the "Want to Help?" section below.)
- May 23, 2016 - Annotated and highlighted columns.
- April 24, 2016 - Cleaned up the list, removed doubles, removed listings for non-standard string quartet instrumentation, began description column of electronics, started annotating pieces that I know.
- Annotate the pieces I know about already.
- Annotate pieces that I don't know about already.
- Add pieces that I know about already that aren't on this list.
- Ask peers to help me find more pieces that I don't know about already.
Want to help?
Have an electroacoustic string quartet of the two violins, viola and cello variety that isn't this list? Holler at me using this contact form with any or all of the following info (really, the composer/piece title are the most important:)
- Piece Title
- Other niceties include:
- Year of Publication
- Electronics information
- Link to website to acquire scores/parts/more info
- Anything else you may want me to know about the piece